Thursday 10 May 2012

The very, very beginning...

Everything you see here about my selection course has been taken from my journal, which was written while I was actually ON my selection course. I hope this helps it all seem more real!

10.05.12
I've been asked to make my way to the isolated Isle of Coll, for my "Selection Course". For me, this journey will only take one 3 hour long bus and one 3 hour long ferry! I will also need to stay in Oban the night before, as the ferry leaves very early...
I have only known about Project Trust for a couple of weeks now, but already know where I want to go; Africa! (and specifically Namibia) I wouldn't want to jinx anything, so I'm trying to keep an open mind. Anyway, I would be thrilled to be selected in the first place, so I'm not too picky about where I would accept to go.
 Tomorrow I will book my chosen selection course dates, which are the 11th - 15th June, I want to go as soon as I can, so I find out if I am selected as soon as I can! I really can't imagine having to wait until November to know... My mum is lending me some money to pay for my selection course, but she is getting it back next week, I'm just too excited to wait!
18.05.12
I booked my selection course about a week ago, I really can't wait. Next step, book my return coach to Oban and my night in the Backpackers Youth Hostel. I received a Project Trust guide and DVD this week, all placements look brilliant. The DVD got me even more excited, it had bits of everything in it, from selection to clips from volunteer's gap year's.
27.05.94 <-- my birthday, "94" was an accident in my journal!
It's my birthday! I've had a really great day, 18! Last week my mum received a parents pack from Project Trust, it had a lot of information, I enjoyed it more than my own mail! I also received my post confirmation of my selection course booking! That letter told me what I need to bring to Coll, necessities like a towel, a rucksack...I have just booked my coach to Oban and my Backpackers night. I chose an early coach to Oban so I can look around before I settle into Backpackers. It was £19 for the coach and £19 for Backpackers, not bad!
5.06.12
Only 4 more days and then I leave for Coll! I'm getting more and more excited every day. I'm also getting more nervous every day! I really want nothing more than to be selected. Well, I have sorted out the rucksack I will be taking to Coll with me...and it's huge! I'll pack it on Friday...maybe...
7.06.12
I keep telling myself not to write any more until I'm on my way to selection, but I really can't help it! I recently mailed a girl who is currently in South Africa, it was so good to hear about it from someone experiencing it right now! Most information I have found out about Project Trust and their projects have been from reading blogs, there brilliant! I've been wondering about the youth hostel recently, do you get to just wander around in jammies? I guess I'll find out. Also, after reading loads about it, I now have my eye on South Africaaaa! But I keep changing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment