Wednesday 9 October 2013

Upcoming adventures...

09/10/2013
I will upload my Culture Day Blog when I'm at the internet cafe, my internet at the home is too slow to upload the photographs.

I wanted to do a little post on my upcoming adventures. Both to give you an insight into my travel plans and to encourage myself that they will happen. I've become very determined in South  Africa. Whenever I get an idea, I manipulate it until it's a plan. I'm sure my room mate has questioned the sheets of paper plastered all over my bedroom door with the likes of "Where there's a will, there's a way" and "do NOT spend ANY of your MONEY!" It might seem excessive but it works. I didn't think my trip to Plettenburg bay would actually happen until the day before, when I booked the coach. That however, made things extremely tight and rushed. I will definitely book things further in advance this time.

DURBAN
Depending on the route you take, Durban is 13-16 hours away from Cape Town. It is on the coast, in the KwaZulu-Natal, a province of South Africa. The route I will take goes along the -beautiful, can't wait to see it again - coast, out of the Western Cape, all the way through the Eastern Cape and finally, into the KwaZulu Natal. Durban is known as the Surf Capitol of South Africa, I'll definitely need to give that a go.

I plan to arrive on November 14th and stay four nights until November 18th. I will be meeting Project Trust volunteers again, there will be 5 or 6 of us. We are going to stay in a recommended backpackers, right in the centre of Durban's highlights - Tekweni Backpackers.

GARDEN ROUTE SAFARI
In February for my partners birthday (Rachael), we are planning an epic 10-day road trip. Lisa and Yvonne, two of the lovely German volunteers will also be with us. They can both drive so we will hire a car for the whole trip. Our furthest destination will be Port Elizabeth. We will spend some nights on the Garden route on the way to Oudtshoorn. Our Safari be in Oudtshoorn. We will spend one night there and spend  the day riding elephants and going on a game drive. I'm very excited to see South Africa's wild side. On the way back from PE we will spend two nights in Plettenburg Bay. I'm really excited to go back. Rachael is going to do the Worlds Highest Bungy Jump. I've also decided to do it again...backwards!

I will update this tomorrow, my internet is going to run out. Look forward to the colourful photo's from Culture Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment