Thursday 7 February 2013

Coffee and then some...

07/02/13
I attended the second Project Trust coffee event last night. Never mind coffee, I didn't even have a hot chocolate because we talked the whole time! It was again at Tinderbox in Glasgow, a cute little coffee shop not far from George Square. This time it was a coffee evening, I arrived a little late and we all stayed until half seven.
I got to meet the South Africa Desk Officer - Dave! He will be the person helping us out on training...and the person to visit us overseas! There was also a Namibian returned volunteer (very exciting - she had traveled into South Africa) and a Sri Lanka returned volunteer! It was great to hear all the stories, both good and bad. I left feeling very good about everything that has yet to come...and even more excited! 


Now... remember that time I said I was arranging an African themed photo shoot? Well... I did arrange it... it just didn't work. My beautiful model and friend Mandy is from Thailand...so we ended up doing a shoot with her in a Thai outfit! Nothing to do with my Project Trust experience but I loved it anyway! I DID get photos of her in our African outfit...but i'm not sure of them yet. Here are a couple of the Thai photos, it's still something to lighten the Blog! 






I hope you like them! Back to Project Trust... I'm going to enter the "design a hoodie" competition. The winners design gets put on all the 2013 hoodies, which is very cool. I have no idea what to do but i'm sure I'll think of something! Here is last years...


I have received another donation on Virgin Money Giving, from Percy Pigeon (how suspicious). Please pretty please make a donation by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment